Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2020

FISHING HOLIDAY

FISHING HOLIDAY
Image result for king fishImage result for kawai fish
It was early on a dark Saturday morning. We were ready to take off for another fishing adventure. We could see from afar the rough waves following from behind the boats. After 10 minutes we arrived at our fishing spot.
Our first catch was a big snapper.


After two hours of fishing, we had a full bucket of
Snappers, Trevally, Gurnards and two kahawai’s.
I had almost finished filling up a bucket full of Yellowtail,
I had gone for my last catch. But no fish took my bait.
I waited and waited when all of a sudden dark clouds surrounded the sky.
You could barely see the sun behind the clouds. 

Next, there was a moment of silence, but no signal of rain.
The waves kept enlarging every five minutes.
We could see the waves that looked like a mini tsunami splashing
against the front of the boat. Even though the weather conditions
were bad we still caught more fish.

Finally, after the waves calmed down it was time to go, but first,
we had to clean up. Just after we finished I looked at my uncle’s rod &
saw it was pulling, I watched as he tried to pull it up realizing it was a
Kingfish if he was struggling. We could see it from a distance underwater
stuck to the rope of the anchor. When we pulled it up we went straight
away and went home so other people couldn’t see what we caught.
When we got home we were filled with joy because we caught a big fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ehsasnz@gmail.com , anat@saintpiusx.school.nz