Pages

Monday, January 6, 2020

Math Solving (SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY W2 DAY 1 ACTIVITY 2

For this activity, we would like you to calculate Jessa’s age when she won the NAIDOC Youth of the Year award. She was born on 7 April 1985 and she received the award on 9 July 2010. Please provide the answer to this question in years, months and days (eg. 20 years, 6 months and 2 days).





She was born in 1985 I would see what number would get me to 2000 so I added 15, then there is ten years left so I would do 15 + 10 = 25 years. Then I looked at the month it said April, but she got the award in July so that is 3 months apart. Then I looked and she was born on the 7th & she got her award on the 9th, So she got it 2 days apart.


FINAL ANSWER: 25 Years / 3 Months / 2 Days

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Sateki,

    My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team who will be reading and commenting on your posts this summer. I hope that you are enjoying the programme.

    You have done a great job working out the answer to the math problem - ka pai! That is a great strategy that you have used to start by getting up to 2000. Maths problems are usually easier when you break them down. Do you like doing maths at school?

    Keep up the great mahi, and I look forward to reading more of your posts soon.

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete

ehsasnz@gmail.com , anat@saintpiusx.school.nz