Pages

Friday, January 10, 2020

TAKING ACTION (SUMMER LEARNING JOURNEY W2 DAY 2 ACTIVITY 1)

For this activity, please imagine that you are Mr Mandela and that you are living at Robben Island prison. You have been given a journal and each night you write in it.
On your blog, write a journal entry imagining that you are Mr Mandela. What do you think he did each day? How did he feel? Include as much detail as you can in the journal entry.

JOURNAL ENTRY:
Dear Journal,
Life in prison is very brutal and cruel, I made alot of decisions that got me to this place in my life. The bed that is made out of Straw is verry uncomfortable, it feels like your sleeping on bricks. Sometimes I feel very lonely because I only get one person to visit me, or I only get a letter every 6 months. I've been struggling a lot but I've been trying my best to hold on. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sateki, Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani again commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. Nelson Mandela spent a lot of time in jail, how do you think he coped? What could he do to keep his mind and body active? Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sateki.
    It's Lukas.
    Great to see you blogging! Wow that would be hard to cope in prison. I would want to get out of prison straight away. You did a great job on including detail in your journal.
    Great work Sateki!

    Kind Regards
    Lukas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sateki and Happy New Year!

    I hope your holidays are going well and you’re having lots of fun. I see you haven't posted on your blog in a wee while. There’s still plenty of time left to do what you can and get more points and get those cool prizes that are up for grabs.

    Remember that you can go back or skip ahead to do the tasks in any order you like so you can always start with the most interesting ones first.

    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/2019-week-1-y6-8

    Hope to see you in the comments soon

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete

ehsasnz@gmail.com , anat@saintpiusx.school.nz